View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #1179
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
First of all, www.onyx-boox.com is not owned by Onyx and it is not Onyx official site. It is just one of many Onyx's distributors...

If you bought M92 at www.onyx-boox.com (and few other, mainly Polish sites) you have to use their firmware.

If you bought somewhere else, you may use "Booxstor's" firmware, which is also official Onyx firmware.

If you are not sure, try any of those two firmwares. It is possible to install only the right one, the "wrong" will not be installed. So, you cannot make any mistake.
Okay, so I bought a black Onyx Boox M92 from all_cycle_world on eBay, and it doesn't say "Black Pearl" anywhere on the aluminum-like labels, so I'm guessing it is just a standard M92.

Am I okay to use Booxter's 1.8 firmware update?

Also, I know you have to hold down the "OK" button while the device boots, but what button is that? Is it pressing down on the 5-way selector toggle switch found on the right-front bezel of the device?

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated! All of these M92 threads are overwhelming me.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote