View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #59
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
I guess it wouldn't really bother me, even if I had to charge once a week, but I tend to read for an hour or three in the evenings a couple of nights a week, rather than a bit here and there, so I turn it off when I'm done reading. Obviously, YMMV, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I did a "test" some time ago and here's what I found out (about my Kobo's battery life):

WiFi was off in all 3 "tests" and I only read ePubs.

sleep: 15 minutes
power off: never
firmware 1.9.17

ca. battery life: 2700 page turns in 12 days

sleep: manually every time when putting the Kobo away
power off: 1 hour
firmware 1.9.16

ca. battery life: 4200 page turns in 24 days

sleep: 5 minutes
power off: 10 minutes
firmware 1.9.17

ca. battery life: 4350 page turns in 15 days
As far as the paperwhite vs glo screen - according to the eink website, both are using the ""E Ink Pearl Active Matrix Display", and they have the same resolution. I was reading a review on Anandtech (techie/computer hardware review website), and I think they have the best still pics in their gallery - the videos can be nice, but I really like having still pictures for this sort of thing:

http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/2287#1

To me, the screen looks, without the lighting, about the same as all of the other eink screens. With the leds turned on, however, it looks a lot more "white,", so to me I'm wondering if that is where they are getting the higher contrast, new name, etc... and so the kobo glo with leds turned on could have the higher contrast as well. I could be wrong though I'm still looking forward to seeing an actual, side-by-side comparison!
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote