View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #76
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I'm trying to set up "User Categories" (aka collections) in the Grouping menu following FAQ #5. I have a custom metadata column in my Calibre library called "category" and I want to use this for grouping. However I can't seem to get it to work.

What I've done so far is go into Preferences->Plugins->Smart Device Plugin and choose customise plugin. I then enter category in the box at the bottom. "Comma separated list of metadata fields to turn into collections...". I then apply the changes, stop and start the wireless device from the calibre end and re-connect on CC. But when I choose Group and user categories I get no entries.

I've tried deleting and re-adding books. I've tried different variations of what to put in that plugin configuration - "category", "{category}" and "{#category}". Nothing so far has worked.

I feel like I must be missing something - can anyone help?

(Calibre version 0.8.65 running on Linux, CC version 1.6.1 running on Nexus 7 on Jelly Bean.)
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote