View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Jellby:

Yes, of course--I was looking for a way to make something we need to do easier. ;-) I looked at this first out of curiosity as to the software, but he mentioned it was being used for watermarking, specifically, and thus I pursued it further. However, as I said, it doesn't really suit our purposes, in terms of the process. For us, it's easier to watermark the books via css or an existing page until they are paid for. I mean--a page is a page is a page. If one has a thousand books sitting in a dir, yes, this would be spiffy; but if you're crafting them one at a time, regardless of how many are being done in a day, it's just another step, no different than adding a page that's already made by hand. (Because, of course, we'd also have to REMOVE them as the book went to its "new home.") Thus, probably easier to either wipe a class in CSS and pull an image, OR delete a pre-made page. As I said two posts ago, six of one, half-dozen of the other, as we say here (they are equivalent in terms of pros and cons).

Thanks,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote