View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #62
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
I'm not sure what this text reflow problem is, but one thing I'd like fixed is that in certain text sizes, paragraphs will not appear on the page unless the entire thing can fit on the page. So I'm turning page after page that just has one small paragraph at the top of the screen. Again, that's only for certain text sizes, but I use a larger text size at work because the lighting is poor and I can't read smaller text, and the battery dies very quickly because I'm having to continually turn the page.
Yeah, the problem is worst with Kobo's own epubs - it *HATES* splitting paragraphs across pages and will generally (though there are exceptions) only do so if the paragraph is too large to fit on a single screen page, top to bottom. They really need to set it up so that we can turn off that system (ie, to ignore any widow/orphan default settings in the firmware and settings in the epub).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote