View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #73
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbanana View Post
I've just thought of another thing that sound odd to my ears, and that's the American pronunciation of the name Craig, which on a number of shows always sounds like Greg with a C at the front instead of a G, rather than "Crayg" with a long vowel sound. I don't know how that came about.
The difference in how we pronounce the name Bernard is the one that my ear is most sensitive to. The British use of envisage versus the American preference of envision is another one that amuses me.

Yesterday I had to explain what a zed is because a workmate didn't understand an email that we had received from one of our English colleagues. She did not expect the answer to be as simple as he means the letter "z".
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote