View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedC View Post
Unfortunately widows:0 and orphans:0 are invalid css - values have to be >= 1. This doesn't appear to matter at the moment, but there's no telling which direction development will take.
Do you have a reference? using zero works perfectly on my Kobo devices.
Quote:
And they don't always work - they seem to fix the problem on Sony readers, but on the Kobo mini long paragraphs are always littered with page breaks. Same goes for most Android apps I have tried, certainly Aldiko and Moon+
I don't believe that bug is related to widows and orphans. This hits when the paragraph is a bit longer than will fit on a screen.
Quote:
The problem appears to be caused by a combination of screen size and font size, neither of which are under the control of the designer.
That is correct. It has nothing to do with the book (beyond the existence of long paragraphs) but is a bug in the reader code. From reports, it has happened on other ADE based readers, so it probably is a bug in the version that Kobo is using.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote