View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I love that people are better than me at things. There's a strange sense of comfort knowing you are not all powerful, all knowing, all seeing. Imagine the pressure of being the absolute best at something. I'm happy to be humble thanks.

I haven't read Cormac McCarthy (although I'm sure I will one day). For me there is any number of writers with an exquisite turn of phrase that remind me that I am where I am and they are where they are.

I don't know if you've ever read Elizabeth Hand, Attanasio or Peter Straub, but all three of them remind me how good a writer can be. However, recently I've discovered some indies that have really impressed me with their writing - John A A Logan is an indie writer than springs to mind.

Anyway this is about McCarthy and one day I'll read him and know exactly what you're talking about.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote