View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
No I wouldn't suggest you try and check 4500 files lol... it sounds more like a device software problem... maybe 4500 files is too many I have just over 2300 with no problems, I would consider backing up your books off the device (if you haven't got them on your pc and do a hard reset, this will blow away all your loaded books, then reload and see if it's cured.. unless anyone has any better suggestion.
I don't believe it's a problem with the number of files because I've seen this behavior before when I haven't had nearly so many on the device. Of course, I could always be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I have all of my files backed up on two external HDs as well as in my Dropbox folder. I have had far too many crashes over the past few years to rely on one source of backup.

I did recently do a factory reset (before loading what's presently on the reader). I will do another one and see if it fixes things.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote