Thread: Do you like 3D
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Yeah, I wrote Ebert an email explaining why he was wrong, but he never answered me.
he has a busy enough time replying to infuriated comments in his blog posts...

Quote:
If you read his blog frequently, as I used to do, he's very good when he writes about things he knows personally, but he's very bad when he writes about things he doesn't know, like science. He has a bad tendency to embrace any argument that supports his prejudices, such as his hatred of video games and 3D. He also believes anything he sees in a documentary, without checking.
Precisely. I even bothered replying to one of anti-games posts back then, but not anymore. He's world is clearly not the same as mine.

Quote:
The reason 3D causes headaches is actually very simple. In real life, you don't use both your eyes at once most of the time. One eye works while the other rests. You only use your 3D vision when you actually need it. Watching a 3D movie forces you to use both eyes for an extended period, causing eyestrain and headaches. Some people are more prone to this than others, but it can't be worked around because of the very nature of 3D and human vision.
Your claim does not make any sense.

The very nature of human vision *IS* 3D. We have stereoscopic vision, 2 lenses focusing the same scene from slightly different viewpoints. That's how it's recorded in 3D movies.

Of course, our lenses are about, what?, 5 cm's away from each other? When filmed, can you believe those huge lenses are just 5 cm's away from each other.

Not just for that, but in order to enhace the 3D aspect, the larger apart and the more tilted (rather than parallel), the more dramatic the 3D effect. It may be too much to some folks, because it may feel like looking at a scene through the eyes of a giant. That, I suppose, is the main culprit for headaches in many people.

My 9 years old daughter and I always watch 3D movies without headaches.

Quote:
Of course, realistic, eyestrain-free 3D entertainment has been around since the ancient Greeks. It's called 'theater'.
oh, but it has no panning nor pies flying in your face...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote