View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #46
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
many companies buy smaller companies, for various reasons, and that Apple bidding on Dropbox was neither unusual or particularly sinister
Yes, companies buy other companies all the time, but that says nothing about it being sinister or not. I know. I had a great job until my company was bought by a larger firm who cherry-picked a few engineers, fired everyone else, and dissolved the corporation. They only did it to get rid of competition so they could sell inferior equipment at higher prices. It was entirely sinister.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote