View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #12
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcchrystal View Post
So, if my open type fonts in my epub, created in InDesignCS5.5, don't validate via epubcheck, for this reason (listed for all my fonts):
resource OEBPS/fonts/ACaslonPro-Italic.otf cannot be decrypted, and you are saying epubcheck validation failure for this reason does not mean the epub isn't valid, what do you suggest I do?
Epubcheck creates a Warning on encountering ADE-obfuscated fonts, not an Error. Whoever uses epubcheck needs to know the difference between the two. An ePub is only invalid if it's generating errors. I think epubcheck could make this a little more clear, but if this is causing issues, then the problem lies with the system interpreting the epubcheck output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
If you are creating something for publishing my advice don't use internal fonts unless really necessary as most users prefer to use their own fonts and settings.
No.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote