View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Why no clock displayed?

I am pretty excited about the K3 coming out, it looks really good to me. One thing that has been slightly annoying me for a while now is that the kindle does not have the time displayed. The new screenshots don't have the time either and I was secretly hoping they would have added a clock at some point.

I loved that feature when reading on the iPad, it is very nice to have the time so handy so I can make a quick decision to continue reading or call it a night because it is getting late. I know the kindle displays the time when you press alt-T but that really isn't the same.

I am sure they must have considered it, they went to the trouble to add the alt-T option so it was definitely on their minds. I wonder if they have ever discussed that design decision anywhere? Anyone know if they have ever mentioned why they opted to not include an always on clock?
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote