View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I finally found out how bad topaz format is for myself. What makes little sense is that books 1 & 3 in the trilogy I'm interested in are topaz and book 2 is azw. Wonder why they all aren't one or the other.

Thankfully all I got were the samples, but they're horrible. Page turns are super slow and the text has an almost blurry quality to it. No sale here (and unfortunately Amazon's the only place to get them).

Does anyone know, do publishers pick which format a book will be in or does Amazon? From what little research I've done it doesn't seem like any publisher is exclusively topaz so that's why I wonder.

I can see a use for a format that can have fonts embedded & stuff, but they need to get it so it doesn't look like a low rez scan or bad photocopy.

Have you emailed Amazn and told them you aren't buying and why?

They have to know about this so they'll maybe 'get on the stick'.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote