View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #129
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
WARNING: I've received a report that recently manufactured Touches may use the Glo firmware. Make sure you are loading the correct version of the firmware for your particular device. Yes, this means the one you are holding in your hands.
That warning is to be taken seriously. I tried installing the Kobo Touch 2.3.2 Firmware on my touch yesterday - which completely bricked the device. Not only would it no longer start (and not even refresh the screen while starting), it also prooved completely impervious to factory resets (Home + Slider). I had to remove and restore the internal sd card to get it working again.

My Kobo was manufactured in the fall of 2012, so it is fairly new.

I ended up updating by using just the KoboRoot.tgz and skipping uboot and kernel updates.

Apparently the uboot and kernel updates in that Firmware are not targeted at the newer Kobo Touch devices. I suppose I could try Glo update, but I am really just happy my KT is working again.
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote