View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #21841
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
My car broke down on me, on an access road with no shoulder to pull off on, in an unsafe area, at dusk tonight. Called AAA, and apparently got a dispatcher-in-training. It took her FOREVER to find my location on her map and send somebody out. My nephew headed out to wait with me, but he was a good 45 minutes away. I've never been so happy to see blue lights as I was when a cop pulled up behind me. He was so sweet, and told me just to wait in the car and he would stay parked behind me with the lights on and "keep me safe" until either the tow truck or Zach showed up.

My nerves were so jangled by the time I finally got home. My mechanic was closed for the day so we had to leave the car in the parking lot and drop the keys through the key drop. I'm pretty much settled down now, so I think I'll call it a night. I HATE breaking down on the road. That's the main reason I drive Hondas -- they tend to be pretty reliable. I still don't know what happened, but it was accompanied by a great deal of noise that did not come from the engine. Maybe something to do with an axle? Anyway, we'll see tomorrow. Off to bed!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote