View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #84
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
But ... but ... OPDS support! Yes, I know, I could just browse calibre's web page in IE, but I much prefer OPDS over that. I'll survive if it goes away, but I'd prefer if it wouldn't.
Fair point. I will certainly maintain support for the Calibre OPDS catalog (the code for Digest Authentication is stable, and Microsoft are not , so far, producing any breaking changes to the APIs it needs). But the features for downloading books from websites (and more generally, sources requiring the use of cookies to handle sessions and authentication) are a right pain to maintain - Microsoft keep changing the APIs and besides their cookie-management APIs don't actually work.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote