View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
OK, then a small question (made out of curiosity): did you ever tried to comment that lipcH:set_int_property line, restart X server, then check if physical Home key is recognized as keyboard Home key in kindlet/booklet (through using of KeyListener and VK_HOME or something similar)?

(I didn't and my KT is a little bricked at the time)

UPD Oh, line to comment should be
Code:
awful.key({ "Any",      }, "Home", handleHomeKeyDown, handleHomeKeyUp),
(it's a bit screens down from handleHomeKeyUp function)
So, I've checked it and it's indeed enough to comment this line in /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua (and then restart x) to disable default Home button action.

Then I've also made a little kindlet with JTextArea and Home button didn't return cursor to starting position in editing mode. So (with my limited knowledge of Java and Kindlet system) I can say that Java susbsytem can't react to Home button as to keyboard button. However, I can be wrong.

Still, kernel sources and evtest /dev/input/by-path/platform-whitney-button-event confirms that KT's Home button has keycode of ordinary keyboard Home button.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote