View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
elmussol
elmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Reader Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Soulayrol View Post
Yes it is not packaged on Debian yet (even if an ITP is opened on it for quite a long time now).
I assume you're referring to Sigil. I will poke a couple of maintainers I know ;-)

Quote:
However I have successfully compiled sigil yesterday evening from its master branch. It is straightforward and the documentation on the site is up to date. Compiling the master branch is not recommended though, so if some error shows up you should work on a tagged version.

The produced binary only relies on packaged libraries, so you can simply copy the binary wherever you want if you do not want to pollute your system with a 'make install'. I started to create an ebook with some HTML pages I had and everything seems fine.
I'd really rather not, not because I'm not technically-competent enough but for reasons I state in my reply to PeterT above. Do you have good, bad or no experience of the Ubuntu debs?

el Mussol
elmussol is offline   Reply With Quote