View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
rogerwaters
rogerwaters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Folio Views, PDF sizing and other stuff

I have a piece of software that's very old and supports a format called Folio Views Infobase. I wanted to convert the content to kindle

Thing is.. this soft has a licensing system which I just can't crack, and won't let me export to anything. It will let me print though.

So, I used a piece of soft called lead eprint, which will install a driver as a normal printer and let you directly export to html, pdf and stuff

BRILLANT IDEA: let's print to pdf and convert to azw!

No, it won't do, since every PDF will export adding a line jump at the end of each PDF line (as each line fits into the page), so when I convert to azw, I will have jumps everywhere.

On the other hand, if I go directly for the PDF, I have to read it in landscape mode, and it just sucks.

I'll ask a few questions, I kindly ask you for help with any one of them,

1) Had everyone ever tried to "fake print" one of these documents in order to remove the line breaks when PDF page line is over?. Maybe some better soft for this?
2) If I have no other choice than going for PDF, can I resize the PDF exactly so it fits the kindle's size in vertical view?. (got a kindle 4 nt) (life would be easier if kindle had a custom zoom percent option). I believe if the PDF's size is the right one, I could even also try to export to AZW since if the fonts fits, line breaks should be just in the right place.
3) Anyone here knows folio views?

Thank you guys very much
rogerwaters is offline   Reply With Quote