View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
I too love my Playbook. The Kobo book reader is predictably useless. I want to side load books ... and Bookreader at $ .99 works great!

It's lightning fast ... and you get to see real websites with Flash and not just the "mobile" sites that Ipad goes to ... with no Flash.

The new firmware coming in February will be interesting and should open up a whole vista of apps for those who want that. Frankly I'm not entirely sure that one could actually use all those apps ... but that's just me.

I like the size and portability of the Playbook. The screen is plenty big enough and it's easily held in one's hand. I found the Ipad when I saw the demo models at Future Shop to be too big to simply "hold" and too heavy at 1.35 lbs ... and I suspect that their portability is considerably less.

I don't care if the Playbook doesn't have a "native" email because, frankly, I get my email on my computer [home or office] and my Blackberry picks up my email from those accounts. Do I need yet a 3rd place to view them? If I do, Blackberry Bridge works well ...

I think that RIM was brilliant to release a finite number of Playbooks to sell at $300 below their usual retail value. That move put a whole bunch of Playbooks into the hands of consumers ...

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote