View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Demo model at Chapters bookstore.

Here are some comments on the demo model I tried.

Generally I like it but should have spent more time on the browser.
I tried to do a pinch to zoom while browsing but I don't think it works (?) however there was a little +- sign to zoom in that seems to work ok.

I tried to download some apps. They were taking a long time to download & when finished I found that the tablet was set up not to download apps. Seems weird it would download then not allow it...?
Do they normally take so long to download?

Any way I really like the pulse feature...It seemed like something I wouldn't bother with, but it is interesting to read comments from other people. (It would be better if the comment section was a bit bigger, too much of the page was taken up by the stats at the top).

I couldn't try the mp3 player or video player since there was no demos of music or videos on the vox. (BTW has anyone played .avi or .mkv formats on their tablet?)

I'd like to hear some feedback from people about browsing & using the wi-fi. Do you find it works fast/slow at hot spots like starbucks, etc?
Are you generally happy using the vox for browsing...is it possible to have a rss feed, twitter, gmail all working at the same time so if reading you would receive notices....

Also the staff at Chapters are really nice and helpful and able to answer most questions....
Cheers.....
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote