View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #141
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
Thanks to you as well as a few palm documentation files from 2001 (and lots of use of a hex editor, ultraedit) I managed to make some prototype C# code that reads out all the raw HTML content. To share with you some information, if you like, it is actually list this:

Palm header
Palm record index
MOBI header (Kind of obvious)
EXTH header (A dictionary format set of information about the book)
Content (Compressed)
Images (Uncompressed)
FLIS header (license information)
FCIS header (images information)

I remain unsure on how to determine where the images start and how long they are. Nor do I know the 2 byte record between content & images nor the 4 byte one at the end. Maybe some sort of checksum.
In my EXTH.pm I have tried to document as much as I have learned about the possible information in the EXTH. You can also have DRM information before or after the EXTH.

Are you sure that FLIS anc FCIS is license information?

I think the record format contains information about how long the record is.

I think that the first image record index is in MOBI+0x5B. When I decode a file I just check each record to see if it is an image.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote