View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
jjw
jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Iphone, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhibiki View Post
Hey, on my 505 I just convert manga to LRF with Calibre.

In Calibre, just drag a zipped (.zip .rar .cbz or .cbr) manga in and click "convert". Change the conversion in the top right corner from EPUB (the default) to LRF. In the "Comic input" tab, be sure to check "right to left" (which will split double-page scans and order them correctly for manga) and "keep aspect ratio" (which always seemed to give me better images). Leave everything else unchecked.

Conversion for a typical 200-paged manga in 1 zip file takes about 10 minutes for me. I'm doing it on a netbook, so it might be faster on a PC(?).

I don;t have images to post, but everything is nice and crisp, and page turns and initial load times are really snappy (since it's a LRF file, the reader treats it like any other book).
Thank you so much, this worked brilliantly!
I put chapters 1-9 in a zip and converted them to LRF. It loaded pretty instantly on the reader! Also Calibre made it so that the pages fit the width of the reader so the text isn't as small in portrait mode
This is brilliant, I feel pretty stupid now going through all that work trying to make it work with JPGs :P
jjw is offline   Reply With Quote