Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, I think it does need a bit more work. I would like to see a tag list / cloud so you can navigate through them without having to sort on them. Also, I think the list has to be paged rather than just listing all the books in the grid since I have seen reports of large (10k) collections really slowing down the UI.
BOb
Actually it's the sort/filter operations that become slow, no the UI. Paging wont help that, since for the results to be correct, a sort/filter has to run through the full database.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote