View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #492
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The new interface is not designed for a tablet because to see the title/author, you have to hover the mouse over the cover image. You cannot hover on a tablet.
Exactly. Even at a very good screen resolution on my iPad 3, I cannot tell what the book tiles are and who the author is, which is really the number one thing I should see on a library site. It takes me way too many clicks to figure out if a book is part of a series, and which order the series is in - that's just bad user experience and unrelated to tablet usage.

The same exact experence is what I get from my Windows 8 convertible, and I won't even attempt to browse the desktop sites from my phones or the Nexus 7.

A clear indication that the redesign is not touch accessible is the fact that the arrows for previous/next are tiny and easy to miss by touch.

@Mike, good to have you back! I hope our suggestions will be taken into consideration, especially the ability to switch back to classic view, which was giving us so much more info at the minimum number of clicks.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote