View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Word Wrap and Creating Line breaks for paragraphs?

I got a Kindle DX for Christmas. Great gadget. I was told to install Calibre to help manage subscriptions and to work with book importing.

I am a complete newbie to this sort of thing, so please excuse me if I'm asking the obvious.

I have a few LIT files that I want to convert to MOBI format and then to import into the Kindle. However, there are problems with how the words line wrap.

eg:

the quick brown fox jumped
over
the lazy dog so often that it
annoyed
the dog which then ate the fox.

If I turn the Kindle onto Landscape mode (auto orientation) then it displays OK. But in portrait mode it looks as shown above.

Second issue:

Some files, particularly txt (text) ones don't have any paragraphs. ie. they're all one long blob of text. Is there any trick to creating paragraphs, or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks.

Martin
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote