View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #191
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
the idea was mentioned in my topic in getting help to recover my K3, can k3flasher be modified to "resume"? or continute from changed erase blocks?
It would need to be modified to log its progress, and add a command line flag to scan that progress log to see where to resume.

Another potential mod that was discussed previously would be to add an option to read before write and only write changed blocks. Because flashing is much slower than reading, this could significantly speed up the procedure when flashing a known good image of the same version as the broken image on the kindle.

EDIT: If nobody implements these k3flasher mods by the time I am ready to build my K3 eink wall (when I will need to flash a large quantity of K3s), I will do it then (when I need it). Like most unfunded software projects, significant code contributions published here are driven primarily by personal need or personal interest, or perhaps by a desire for recognition or fame, tempered by available time and resources. I must admit that all of these things motivate me.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote