View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
the beach was an example, but i take my current tablet various places to work. the bottom line - not everyplace has wifi.

streaming is huge business, but lots of wifi spots are slow. that means lots of pausing to buffer, which can make a movie too annoying to watch. besides, i don't rip my dvd's - i was reporting what people were saying they wanted to do, and that was store their movie collection on the cloud server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
It's an LCD tablet - why are you taking it to the beach to begin with? (Not to mention the small percentage of people who actually have a beach and the amount of time they spend there...)

And you might have missed it, but streaming movies is huge business these days. Netflix, Hulu, etc, etc, etc. Something like half the internet bandwidth is used for video streaming, most of which is done via boxes hooked up to a TV (mostly game consoles, ironically, but also dedicated boxes). The only difference is that it would now go to a tablet.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote