Thread: Seriousness Guide Stones.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
The commute from BFE, South Carolina to Atlanta (where my Mom & Sister's families both live) takes us through Elberton, Georgia. On a whim, my Mom and I decided to take the detour to the guide stones, and we were sorely disappointed. They're just not that cool. The ugly khaki-colored geodesic dome homes of the surrounding neighbors are more interesting.

And much more interesting than both is Elberton High School's "Granite Bowl" football field. It's carved into the ground like a valley, with the school on one side, and the razor-wire topped fence of the county jail's recreation area on the other side. I assume they make the away team's fans sit next to the jail pen as a means of intimidation. All I know is that it makes me chuckle every time I drive by it.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote