View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
First:
Calibre puts all books into one huge file, which means, when you add just one or a few more books, it has to re-crunch the whole thing while you sit and wait...interrupting one's quickly moving on, reading and studying whatever it is you want.

Second:
Calibre does not support an easy import feature for the 2,000 books I already have on my hard drive and which are already sorted into folders like American Literature, English Literature, Japanese Literature, etc. Rather, I would have to import them one book at a time, tagging each one, i.e., probably providing Calibre with meta-data it sells or provides to someone, somewhere, but is completely irrelevant to me. I'm not interested in playing computer setup games, but in READING what I already have, and ADDING quickly and easily new articles and books to my Sony Reader PRS-505 so that I can return to reading and studying...not playing with software....

Anyone know of a wipe and replace possibility? Or even one that can be used in conjunction with Sony's eLibrary?

At the moment the Manage,505 only crashes, preventing me from adding new books, and the newest version of eLibrary crashes during installation and would then have all the flaws mentioned earlier.

Fred
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote