View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Thinking about a total package.

All,

I've been showing my wife how "Easy" it is to convert books and move them onto my EBW. She watched me for a while, and decided I was insane.

So from a non techie her needs follow:

1) A simple package that will install IMPServe, build, and all tools needed to convert books / store them as HTML and download to the reader converting on the fly.

2) A Form of GUI where she can load the manager and then close it when done.

So thinking about this, I took the "launcher" program I wrote a couple of weeks ago, and have started adding calls to the various conversion tools. For quick updating of things like Nick's tools... Would it be possible to use a page on the WIKI or somethign more static then a forum thread for getting the new versions so I can attempt to build the feature into the launcher?

She's really made me think with all the talent in this forum, we can make this stuff easy for the non techie's to use. (Granted it is easy, if you read a couple of posts etc, but as she told me "I don't want to read that, you guys are boring.")

What do we think?
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote