View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #67
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have loved to read all my life. I used to carry a book to school and read between bells for class to start. Then in High School they tried to force me to read A Scarlet Letter. I hated that book and never did finish it. I think that is the only book I never finished. I even loved to read my history books and would read them cover to cover in the first week. I still carry a book with me every where I go. If I am eating alone at a restaurant, I read while I eat. I would rather read than watch TV or Movies.
Apache
I started with comics, then those damn Barbara Cartland virgin novels and on to Johanna Lindsey, Star Trek novels and Dune. Shakespear was easy for me and Lord of the Flies upset me so much I was a mess for a week. My problem was not that I had to read boring stuff in school but that I finished in a few days when the class only did a chapter a day. I can't read a chapter a day and in some cases a chapter a week. Who can stay interested in something while reading so slowly?

I never cared what people thought about my constant reading when I was a kid , I don't care now.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote