View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Panel Applets for iLiad's Toolbar

The iLiad uses the window manager matchbox.
The iLiad toolbar [all clickable icons] is a panel applet "mb-applet-icon-container", which get's loaded by matchbox panel.
Code:
/usr/bin/matchbox-panel --size 39 --no-menu --bgcolor White --no-session --default-apps mb-applet-icon-container &
When you load another panel applet via editing --default-apps option you will have a problem. The icons in the left of iLiads toolbar are kicked out of screen, because mb-applet-icon-container was designed to take full width of screen.
Code:
/usr/bin/matchbox-panel --size 39 --bgcolor White -ns -da mb-applet-clock,mb-applet-system-monitor,mb-applet-icon-container &
To matchbox belongs the program "panel manager", which can be used to change the order of applets in panel.
in iLiad world it does mean: you have loaded several applets, so needed icons in the left are gone, with "panel mananger" you can set the order of "Icon Container applet" to lowest to get all native icons visible again.
Have a look at screenshot.
[I have to tweak panel manager -> not full screen, screen refreshes]

In theory matchbox panel could load GNOME applets like these when you get them to compile.

older mb-applet-clock thread started by scotty1024:
On screen clock for your iLiad

some other things: panel can have a menu, a menu launcher panel. matchbox has a desktop program.

Right now: If I double click on the clock/system monitor, a pop window will open with more information in detail.

# screenshot: loaded applets mb-applet-clock,mb-applet-system-monitor; panel manager
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clock_system_monitor_panel_manager.png
Views:	607
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	12318  

Last edited by yokos; 04-22-2008 at 09:38 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote