Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
A few questions

I have a Kobo wifi, and I'm either going to get a Kobo touch or Nook touch. I went to Barnes and Noble to see the Nook but the lady I talked to didn't seem like she knew all the answers to my questions.

1. Can you get library books on a Nook? Most of the books I read are library books, so this is important. It's the only reason I'm not getting a Kindle.

2. Are there free public domain books for Nook? I downloaded the Nook iPhone app but I cannot find any free books. I read a lot of classics and these are all free on the Kobo.

3. Can you get free samples of books to read, and read them on the Nook? On the Kobo you can only get free samples in the iPhone app, you cannot read them on the Kobo, and they only include the title page and copyright page. I want it like the Kindle, where you get the first chapter or two.

The lady at B&N said there are substantial previews, but I can't find any in the iPhone app.

4. The formatting on the Kobo is horrible. They dont look like printed pages, they look like Word documents; with double spacing, no paragraph indents, and no justified text. The book I saw on the Nook at B&N had proper text formatting, but are they all like this?

Thank you.

Last edited by tecweston; 06-11-2011 at 09:20 PM.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote