View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #12
mand
Zealot
mand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th gen; Kindle Keyboard; iRex iLiad
I'm not asking a question yet, just saying thanx for the time being - cannot do much today, if anything, except answer your points. Hoping to investigate tomorrow.

Hari:
I can see events going back days and days, but the second time i looked, i couldn't see the ones i saw the previous evening.

Today i can see for 31 March: 'An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\D during a paging operation.' - 4 times in 4 minutes. (Event ID 7000.) I'm sure this is the iLiad.

Thanx for finding those events - i hate going into Microsoft support! I will try and use that info this afternoon or tomorrow.

I haven't got access to a good usb port that i can use for long enough to check this - unless maybe... i'll have to see if i can borrow.

I hate losing files too!

Shaggy: i have been backing up but if some files are corrupted, i've been backing those up too (or failing to) of course.

I had been thinking to use the iLiad as a kind of backup disk itself, as i do a pendrive, but have changed my mind on that!

Copying them off the iLiad one folder at a time, i did find half a dozen of my pdfs corrupt incl one merged pdf which i may or may not be able to merge again, plus some mobipocket files.

Then i lost my nerve and didn't delete from the iLiad - was very tired, not feeling strong - and haven't had a chance yet. This morning (nowhere near the pc) i found i can't delete files on the iLiad. Including some i could have sworn i had already deleted, while it was connected to the pc.

Just noting what stage i'm at. I still have to:
- connect and see about those files that i thought i deleted before, and can't delete using the iLiad
- delete everything off the iLiad, being sure i have it all backed up
- something else...

No-brain hitting - and i'm in a hurry at this moment - at least i have this 'log' here now to refer back to. Thanx for your ideas so far...
mand is offline   Reply With Quote