View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #60
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
But do you want to see the title specifically, or do you just like the bigger top margin? I can understand wanting a margin. I always know what book I am reading, and I find the additional text distracting. I agree with you, options are the best solution.
I actually like the title (in smaller size) on top. It's nice for the balance since there's some kind of text on the bottom (page numbers and chapter titles in KePubs) as well. And I don't find it distracting at all. Normally I don't even realize that there is text.

Not that I need to be reminded what book I'm actually reading at the moment. But the display of the chapter name on the bottom (in KePubs at least) is really nice.

If that space on the top was all empty, it would look "off" to me. I used to set my top margin to 5 pt. That was okay, though bit out of balance, but less distracting than a large empty space on top of my text would be (for me).

Interesting how different people and their preferences are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Edit: I looked at a few of my paperbacks - those that have the title, author, chapter, etc at the top also display the page number at the top, so there is only one line of "extraneous text" on a page.
Interesting. I've never seen that, only page numbers on the bottom and the extra info like book name or author or chapter name on the top.

But I guess once I've started reading I don't see much of what's around the actual text. I also tend to forget wether I've read the book in German or in English, so...

Last edited by Jaden; 05-10-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote