View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As I've mentioned in the past, I do use Dropbox but in a rather different manner to what I see others doing. I use a combination of Dropbox and Allways Sync.

My main Calibre libraries are stored in My Documents; I then have Allways Sync set to copy from My Documents to Dropbox; in turn Dropbox replicates to the cloud, and my Laptop gets a copy from Dropbox.

I then accept that the Laptop will in effect be a read only copy, so just copy out of Dropbox into it's own Calibre library.

Never ever do I copy from the Laptop's library back to Dropbox.

Sure, this means I can only make permanent changes to my libraries from the main PC, but it also means I can use Calibre on more than one machine.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote