View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #26
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I was not implying anything of the sort, please do not put words in my mouth. All I am saying is that at the current price of $329, apple could offer a retina display, without impacting battery life or CPU performance and still make a profit.
Well, that's not true either. The iPad mini's battery life and CPU performance are superior to the Nook HD's. Both would take a hit if the screen and nothing else was upgraded. And then there is the problem of fragmentation created by introducing a new resolution.

I am not going to get into yet another of a number of endless debates about Apple with you. Apple made their choices and released this product, not some hypothetical other device. This thread is about whether the mini responds to the needs of readers or not, not baiting about profit margins and spec sheets.

For the reasons above, I stand by my prediction that Apple will not release a retina iPad before 2014.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote