View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vans View Post
I buy from individuals. I change my phone a lot because I like to try out different phones, so have bought an embarrassingly large number of smartphones. When I buy, I sell my old one.

You have to be careful. There are a lot of phone in poor condition or with a fault sold on ebay. So you must read the description carefully and also read the sellers feedback.

In the UK unlocked iPhones are quite common, but it is worth checking that they are "factory unlocked" rather than jailbroken.

Occasionally I have received a phone that does not match the description so have returned it. Once or twice I have successfully used the eBay dispute service, but in the vast majority cases I am happy with what I receive.

It is worth remembering that you tend to get what you pay for. So if it looks very cheap, it is probability for a reason
I have seen that myself. You can start out at $5.00 and you get phones with detailed descriptions and of course at $5.00 there are nicks, and scratches galore, but they are guaranteed to work, and you have the right to return in a couple of weeks or a month. And these are from fairly big sellers that eBay rates as good risks over repeated dealings.

Sounds amazing. Haven't jumped in the water yet, but there are a few devices I might like to have as conveniences and just to try.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote