View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #126
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
Thoughts so far. 2 2/3 books read so far.
Kobo Glo fw 2.1.4
  • Screen does have a different feel, not bad, just not as smooth as the touch, closer to real paper.
  • Sensitivity seems a bit different from the touch, I have to be a bit more definite (touch the page a bit longer) with the glo.
  • I generally have the touch lock about once every other book or so (power off and back on always clears it), but so far no lock ups with the glo.
  • Light. GREAT, this is the one thing I've been missing on the touch, your not always in a well lit location, the light is very uniform with only a bit of shadow at the bottom, and the very top edge seems a bit brighter. (If you leave the bottom bar set to black in the settings, you may not notice the shadows).
  • No Calibre support (yet, they are saying Fridays release should at least recognize it)
    And using the Connect to folder option in Calibre worked just fine.
  • SD support worked well for me, but then I rarely had issues with the touch, and I rarely have more than 25 or so books on it at any one time.
  • No home button seems odd, but one can certainly get used to the home icon on the top left.
  • I know it's an Extra, but I wish the web browser was a) a bit faster responding, and b) had progress bars for downloading books (I have most my books on a calibre server.)
  • There is a bit of weirdness as far as the wireless status display goes, it occasionally isn't displayed at all even though the wireless is on (haven't been able to duplicate the steps to get to that point yet)
  • Wireless setup, finally (well I don't know if it was added to the touch in recent versions) but you don't HAVE to have a windows PC to set the thing up the first time.
  • Battery life, who knows. I've read 2 1/2 book so far with the light on for 90% of that and WiFi enabled for some of it along with quite a bit of playing with settings etc, and am down to 67%, now I don't know if was fully charged when I finished the setup, it had 85% when it arrived and I plugged it in to do the setup then unplugged it as soon as the firmware update was done and finished the setup unplugged and started reading, never looked to see if it was fully charged. When I charge it next I'll pay more attention.

So far I'm happy with it, I just wish the new cover had shipped at the same time, without a cover it seems too small, and although it sort of fits in my touch cover, the touch was claimed minutes after I'd unpacked the glo, and they expect the cover to go with it...
Lordy, how fast do you read? I can't believe you've already read through 2 and 2/3 books!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote