View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #127
DROM
DROM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard/3G
Hi, my kindle 3 is bricked.
I followed the forum to get it repaired and so far I've failed. I am Spanish speaking, so I find it hard at times to translate the information provided, so forgive me in advance if any of what I say you are done (honestly, I read a lot so far).
Current situation:
The Kindle's 3 Keyboard 3G shows the Kindle's tree with the message: "Slide and release the power switch to wake". (Obviously, nothing happens when I press the power button).
Following the noob's guide for k3 unbricking (now in true spanish, thanks to @qlob idea and after a better translation than google's one), I was charging my Kindle in an wall charger for 3 days. the yellow light went out but I kept charging it, I never got the expected green light though to swapping often. Then I assumed my Kindle was really bricked.
I get to the same situation as @Woenk and @arooni: The USB resets itself after once and again.
When I try to debrick it, ATK version 1.67 (i.MX35_T02, MDDR, USB, Flash tool, Program with "read back" checked, using kernel.bin image (from the pastebin) at flash device MMC/SD with the Operation settings address as 0x00041000), after a message "Waiting for USB connection" and few seconds of Loading RAM Kernel, gives me the error: "Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target."
I'm using WMware virtualized WinXP, when I plug the USB, the virtualized system recognizes my Kindle as Jungo MX35 , then I think, the drivers are installed correctly...

So, what the hell I can do now? I'm stuck at this point.
I appreciate the help in advance.
Meanwhile continue charging the kindle in the wall charger again and again until it smokes or divine inspiration enlighten me (or preferably any of you)
DROM is offline   Reply With Quote