View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Dishonest is a fightin' word best not applied to how people vote. People are free to vote using whatever criteria they choose; there's nothing "dishonest" about it and I wouldn't blame someone for resenting having that term applied to him.

Here's some honesty: I think dishonest is code for "I'd like to enhance the chance that the book I want is chosen." Although the logic that says a closed vote is the best way to achieve that is beyond me. I think this month's close open vote is a case in point.

If you want to help a book along, why not make it sound interesting and let the chips fall where they may?
Dishonest may have been a bit harsh. But if you vote based on what someone else votes for or how many votes a book has instead of what you would like to best read (if different), you are not being honest with your vote.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote