View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

It all works extremely well - rather impressive, in fact. It's a real shame that the Nexus apparently won't support USB sticks, because I think that's where this facility is most useful. Probably good for Samsung (and other manufacturers who do support them) that it doesn't!
Great post Harry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I think the Android internal file structure must be FAT32 for two reasons:
It can be Linux(Android) has the ability to run on FAT32 or ext(2/3/4), but stating that all Android devices run FAT is incorrect. Format your SD card to NTFS and you will see Android/Linux can read that format just fine.. My samsung phone was installed with FAT32. The problem with FAT however is Linux runs slower on it than ext. So some manufactures chose FAT while some perfer ext.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does that mean that adding USB mass storage support would involve no more than downloading a driver file?
Yes and no. You'll have to root your device and update the kernel/module. Chances are somebody will have a hack for this shortly after the Nexus is released.

However be warned Google disables the ability to rent movies from their store if they detect a device has been rooted.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote