View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
thanks guys - with "convert to txt first" - would that be use calibre to convert from htm to txt then use calibre again for txt to mobi.
I don't use mobi, but I'd say the answer is yes. Having fixed width html is very unusual, but relatively common for txt. Calibre has a special switch to handle that case for txt - "Use print formatting." I believe the idea is to convert the html to txt, which will bring in all the "bad" CR/LF paragraphs, then strip them in the conversion with that option.

Quote:
the exact spam message that I want to remove ( which may not be a header/footer) but is throughout some books is this ( in extra-annoying bold text! )
"generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html"

could I create a rule somhow that yould nuke all instances of that phrase ?
Yes. It's been asked about many times and I've seen several posts on it, I'd suggest you search here for the best nuke string.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote