View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
Oh now that is most annoying, I ask for advice, you give it and then tell me to ignore you and write what I want. Sigh.

I'm kidding I love the feedback, I personally liked the use of the present tense for the dream sequences, especially once I thought on it some, however although Im writing for my own kicks I would still like someone else to like/enjoy it, if the present tense puts the reader outside of the story then it doesn't work.

I personally hate it when I find myself pulled out of a narrative due to the writers choices, so I am very greatful for the help

That's the problem with advice and writing; it's such a personal journey, you'll end up trying all kinds of tips and tricks and discarding most of them over time. And even then you'll feel wrong about half of the time. I don't know if you learned to swim in the same manner as I did, but it was just a matter of diving into the deep end and getting used to the water. Writing is often the same way, I believe, you've just got to dive in, put your work out there and see what the reaction is
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote