Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What if you find a joke in bad taste and I find it funny? Does that make it funny or in bad taste?

That's the problem. What some see as funny others can see as bad taste.

Take the movie Borat for example. I borrowed the DVD from the library and started to watch it. I got about 1/2 way through and stopped it because I thought it was awful. My wife also did not like it. But a lot of people did find it funny. So is it funny or is it in bad taste?
All I needed was to see clips of that movie on TV to judge (in my opinion) that it was awful, not funny and stupid.

But that's just me.

I also don't think practical jokes, at another person's expense, that can possibly cause embarrassment or humiliation, are the least bit funny. Just one reason I don't like Howie Mandel, for one.

Once again . . . just me.