View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
I have an ebook to do from a word doc, the doc has certain spacing lines within paragraphs ( 2 lines) and another spacing in between paragraphs ( 4 lines)...
An ebook should never be formatted this way. You should always use only single spacing between lines an a paragraph and between paragraphs.

When you need wider gaps, you adjust it with changes in the CSS. For example, to add additional space between paragraphs you could set the "margin-top" for the <P> tag to something like 1em instead of 0em.

I also recommend that you seriously review your formatting decision. The opinion that JSWolf expressed is just an opinion, not a rule, but it is an opinion held by the majority of readers and one I agree with. A minority like an extra space between paragraphs but almost nobody likes extra space between lines within a paragraph. The old double-spacing style is antique typewriter formatting, like the obsolete style of placing two spaces after a period, and often required in typewritten documents so that a reviewer/editor/teacher can more easily write in edits, corrections, and/or comments. eBooks should be formatted more in the style of printed books rather than typewritten documents.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote