Thread: Kindle or EPUB?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowthenmobile View Post
I know this may seem an extreme concern, but would it not be morally questionable if I were to remove a DRM? I'm not saying it is but I am trying to get my head around the honesty of the situation. If I buy an ebook with a DRM, do I not buy it on the understanding that I will not remove it and that I will use it with the device for which it is intended?
My feeling is that it is ethical to do so, provided it is not with the intention of redistributing the de-drmed file.

Is it ethical for a publisher to sell you an ebook (for about the same price as a paperback) that does not have the same resale value as a paperback, and that might become unreadable in five years or less, and demand that you take no steps to ensure you'll still be able to read the ebook in the future?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote