View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #36
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
But you can search in it, it's smaller, lighter, can be synced across multiple devices. Why should I pay more for something that doesn't have those features?

So you're right that it's not worth the same but the differences go in both directions and which is worth more depends on which features you value more.
I beg to differ slightly here. An ebook is just a digital file. It is the ereader device itself that provides for the syncing across devices, that is generally smaller and lighter than a physical book. So that being the case, I don't get that when I buy the ebook. If a reader doesn't support those features, then I don't have it. As such, I don't add that to a feature of an ebook.

I see now that this has been addressed further up the thread
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote